The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is in effect since May 25, 2018. It gives EU residents more rights around their privacy.
Our theme and all our bundled extensions:
- Don't create any cookies
- Don't create any additional GDPR obligations
How to be GDPR-compliant
- GDPR applies only to how you gather and process personal information.
- All cookies that don't gather personal information (technical cookies) follow the regular cookie law.
- That means that many plugins that simply insert Google Analytics plugins are not GDPR-compliant and a solution that inserts the code only after user agreed to that is now necessary.
- As theme vendors we can't recommend any particular solution because your solution depends on 3rd party modules that you install. There exist "GDPR plugins" which have built-in integration of Google Analytics, Hotjar etc.
- We recommend that you consult the official resources delivered by appropriate entities:
To satisfy both the cookie law and the GDPR law we use a consent bar and a setttings popup. The popup is not necessary if the bar allows rejecting all the optional cookies.